Last updated on Sep 28, 2023
By purchasing a theme or Bundle you are being granted a license to use these files for specific uses under certain conditions.
If you have any questions about the below license, or are seeking to use the themes in a way that is not covered by this License, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Plain English
You can use our Themes for an unlimited amount of projects, including ones you sell, such as a personal website, a SaaS app, or a website for a client. As long as you don’t build a product that will directly compete with Cosmic Themes, such as other themes, templates, UI kits, or page builders, it is fine.
Allowed by the license:
- Creating a website for your company.
- Creating a website or web application for a client that will be owned by that client.
- Creating a commercial SaaS application where end users have to pay a fee to use the application.
- Creating a commercial self-hosted web application that is sold to end users for a one-time fee.
Not Allowed by the license:
- Creating a repository of your favorite Cosmic Themes components or theme and publishing it publicly.
- Creating a React or Vue version of Cosmic Themes and making it available either for sale or for free.
- Creating a “website builder” project where end users can build their own websites using Items included with or derived from Cosmic Themes.
- Creating a theme or theme using the Items and making it available either for sale or for free.
- Creating an admin panel tool that is made available either for sale or for free.
- Creating any End Product that is not the sole property of either your company or a client of your company. For example your employees/contractors can’t use your company Cosmic Themes license to build their own websites or side projects.
- End Product means a website, web application, mobile application, or other product that you or one of your clients have created using the themes.
- End User means a user of the End Product.
- Licensee means the person or entity that purchased the themes.
- Client means a person or entity for whom the Licensee is creating an End Product.
- Employees and Contractors means the Licensee’s employees and contractors who are working on the End Product.
- SaaS means Software as a Service.
- Commercial Work means any work that isn’t done for Personal Use. Synonymous terms include Contracted Work and Client Work.
- Items means the Themes, Components, Bundles, and other products sold by Cosmic Themes.
Personal License is defined as using purchased Items individually and not as a part of a company, business, non-profit, or any other organization of any kind. However, Personal Use is also defined as using purchased Items for Commercial Work, company projects, businesses and so on, if you aren’t employed by such enterprises. We define Commercial Work as any work that isn’t done for Personal Use. Synonymous terms include Contracted Work and Client Work.
Cosmic Themes grants you an on-going, non-exclusive license to use the Items.
The license grants permission for up to 20 Employees and Contractors of the Licensee to access and use the Items.
Rules attached to Personal and Team licenses
- Use the Items to create unlimited End Products for your personal and commercial projects.
- Modify the download files to create derivative download files. Those download files are subject to this license.
- Use the Items to create End Products where the End Product is sold to End Users.
- Use the Items to create End Products that are designed to allow an End User to build their own End Products using the Items or derivatives of the Items.
- Host, resell or re-distribute the Items or derivatives of the Items.
- Use the Items to create End Products that are the property of any individual or entity other than the Licensee or Clients of the Licensee.
- Use the Items to produce anything that may be deemed by Cosmic Themes, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be competitive or in conflict with the business of Cosmic Themes.
See our support page here.
Other license terms
You are not required to attribute or link to Cosmic Themes in any of your projects.
All the rights for photographs and illustrations used in the themes are reserved by their legal owners and are presented in the themes for demonstrating purposes only.
Cosmic Themes will not be responsible for any outcome that may occur during the course of usage of our resources.
If you are found to be in violation of the license, a refund may be issued at our discretion. When license violation is blatant and malicious no refund will be issued.
The copyright of the Cosmic Themes Kits is owned by Cosmic Web Designs, LLC. You are granted only the permissions described in this license; all other rights are reserved. Cosmic Web Designs, LLC reserves the right to pursue legal remedies for any unauthorized use of the themes outside the scope of this license.
Cosmic Web Designs, LLC liability to you for costs, damages, or other losses arising from your use of the themes — including third-party claims against you — is limited to a refund of your license fee. Cosmic Web Designs, LLC may not be held liable for any consequential damages related to your use of the themes.
This Agreement is governed by the United States of America. Legal proceedings related to this Agreement may only be brought in the courts of the United States of America. You agree to service of process at the e-mail address on your original order.
Cosmic Themes reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this License at any time. If a revision is material we will provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.